OPERA MEMPHIS CHORUS AND COMPRIMARIO AUDITIONS
FOR THE 2013-2014 SEASON
Chorus auditions will be held for ALL past/current chorus members and new singers for the 2013-2014 season.
Performance opportunities in 2013-2014 will include:
Comprimario roles during entire season including Midtown Opera Festival
Rigoletto (performance dates October 3 & 5) – male chorus only
Mikado (performance dates January 16 & 18) – mixed chorus
30 Days of Opera performances (September)
The Christmas List (performance dates December 7 & 8 - principal/comprimario roles
Other outreach opportunities throughout the season
AUDITIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Contact Sarah Squire, Chorus Manager, at (901) 202-4548 or by e-mail to set an audition time. We will only cast those that have auditioned, so please make sure to sign up if you are interested! And please audition if you can't be in a mainstage show but you are interested in outreach opportunities!
Monday, May 20 (6:00pm - 10:00pm)
Tuesday, May 21 (6:00pm - 10:00pm)
Wednesday, May 22 (6:00pm - 10:00pm)
AUDITIONS FOR THOSE OUT OF TOWN MAY 20-22
Sunday, May 12 (starting at 2:00pm)
If you are unable to attend the May 20-22 dates, we will have additional auditions on Sunday, May 12 starting at 2:00pm which will be recorded for the incoming Chorus Master. But please only sign up for the 12th if you can't audition live for the new Chorus Master May 20-22.
THINGS TO KNOW FOR THE AUDITION
• Prepare and memorize 2 musical selections in contrasting style - one aria or art song (if you have one) and one classic musical theatre piece (we may stop you depending on time)
• You will be asked to read aloud selected lines of Italian.
• Auditions will be held at the Clark Opera Memphis Center.
• An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music for the accompanist. If you prefer, you may bring your own accompanist.
• Chorus auditions are for ages 18 and up. Children and Youth Chorus auditions will take place at another date and time as yet to be determined.