Opera Memphis auditions for chorus and comprimari singers yearly in the spring and as needed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with audition-related inquiries.
Opera Memphis is looking for singers for its upcoming season! Opportunities for classically trained singers, as well, as those with experience in musical theatre.
Local singer audition dates
Monday, April 10, 2017 (5:30pm-9:00pm)
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 (5:30pm-9:00pm)
PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES IN 2017-2018 include
Principal and Comprimario Roles
Opera Festival (April 6-April 15, 2018)
30 Days of Opera performances (September)
Outreach performances (All Season)
auditions are by appointment only
For any questions or to set an audition time, contact Sarah Squire, Director of Operations, at (901)202-4548 by email.
Things to know for the audition
- Prepare and memorize 2 contrasting songs, but we may only hear one. We would prefer one of the pieces be an aria or song in the Italian language. If you’d like to be considered for opera roles, one of the pieces should be an aria.
- Auditions will be held at the Clark Opera Memphis Center (6745 Wolf River Parkway).
- An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music for the accompanist. If you prefer, you may bring your own accompanist.
- Chorus auditions are for ages 18 and up. Children and youth auditions will take place at another date and time as yet to be determined.
- If you are unavailable for the auditions and would like to audition at another time or submit a video recording for consideration, please contact Sarah Squire for more information.